Do you love to dig into financial planning, tax and estate rules for fun? Is Checklist Manifesto one of your favorite books? Are you a visual person who can communicate in the language of flowcharts? If so, we need to hear from you.
fpPathfinder creates checklists and flowcharts to help financial advisors be more diligent in the planning process. We’re looking to grow our team so we can continue to provide super high-quality resources our members have come to expect.
Senior Resource Editor Job Description
- Develop 2-3 resources per month. This will likely increase in the future.
- Create citation support documents for each resource.
- Build and maintain an inventory of 4-5 months of resources.
- Assist in the management of Resource Production Calendar.
- Manage member voting platform for resource prioritization.
- Coordinate & lead support team (including researchers and graphic designers)
- Review and incorporate member feedback as needed
- Assisting in developing best practices for new members to begin using the resources
- Identify and update resources that need to be updated on an annual basis (e.g., inflation-adjusted figures) or ad-hoc (e.g., due to changes in laws).
- Write intro copy for each resource, newsletter/blog post announcing new resources.
- Formulate and develop ideas to improve the overall member experience.
- Support operations and marketing as needed (address inquiries, feedback, etc.)
The ideal candidate would have some of (or, even better, all of) the following traits:
- Self-motivated enough to work in a virtual environment with limited supervision
- Have an extremely strong inclination for continuous learning
- An immaculate attention to detail and strong follow-through
- Think and articulate concepts in a visual format (flowcharts)
- Be able to think logically through topics and document them succinctly (checklists)
- Completion of CFP education or equivalent required, with a strong preference for also having a relevant Master’s degree, CPA license, and/or other advanced designations.
- Direct planning experience with clients is a positive, but not required.
Compensation / Benefits:
$70,000 – $90,000 salary based on experience
$2,000 budget for additional professional education or other training/skills education
$1,000 budget for technology hardware/software or related office materials
$2,000 conference budget
12 days of paid time off for combined vacation + sick, plus 6 national holidays