As part of fpPathfinder’s ongoing commitment to our members, the ever-increasing roster of checklists, flowcharts, and summary guides is under continuous review. As a result, they are subject to updates.
Because our members depend on our guides, we will always provide transparency regarding updates. Often the changes are as minor as fixing a typo or deleting a duplicated word. Other times, the information that changes is more substantive. We will always lead with the most important updates.
In addition to communicating updates here, on the blog, we make members aware of changes through:
- The fpPathfinder Newsletter.
- Updates in the Member Section, which you can see in this short video:
The following checklists and flowcharts have been updated. If any of them are part of your repertoire, check to confirm they include: Updated 7/23/2021. That’s the simplest way to know that you have the most recent version in your printed materials, on your website, or in your social media posts.
- Will I Receive A Step-Up In Basis For The Appreciated Property I Inherited?: This flowchart (formerly Will I Receive A Step-Up In Basis For This Inherited Property?) is refreshed with a new, more accurate title, a correction to the logic, and minor improvements.
- Should I Establish A SEP IRA Or A SIMPLE IRA Plan For My Small Business?: Our team made material revisions to this flowchart, including updated 2021 numbers and some minor rewording.
- What Issues Should I Consider When Getting Married?: A refresh, this checklist benefits from a corrected typo. However, there are no material revisions.
- Can I Do A Net Unrealized Appreciation (NUA) Distribution?: Our team made three minor clarifications, which included two typos and a title capitalization. Therefore, these are non-material revisions.
- Will I Have To Pay Tax On My Qualified ESPP?: One typo is corrected, which is an immaterial update to the flowchart.
- What Issues Should I Consider If I Lose My Job?: Our team removed the repeated word “the,” which is immaterial.
If you have questions or comments, please send us an email at [email protected] We are here to help every step of the way.