We’re excited to release two new checklists today. One is centered around the unique financial planning issues that arise when someone is starting a business. The other deals with issues associated with identity theft and fraud, which has spiked in recent months due to the pandemic. Finally, we continue to review and update all of the resources – a summary of what has been updated so far this month is included.
New Checklist: What Issues Should I Consider When Starting A Business? When a client is starting a business, it is important to ask the right questions up front and to identify issues that are likely to arise. First-time entrepreneurs and seasoned business owners alike can benefit from preliminary discussions to spot planning opportunities, minimize complications, and get started down the right path. This checklist helps guide the conversation regarding common factors relevant to prospective business owners.
New Checklist: Am I At Risk Of Having My Identity Stolen Or Being A Victim Of Fraud? In the midst of the current global pandemic, there has been an increase in fraudulent and criminal activity. Now more than ever, your clients may be targeted financially through a variety of schemes. This checklist helps guide the conversation regarding common threats and scams, ensuring that your clients are informed and actively protecting their identity and assets.
If you are a member, review these new resources in our membership and:
- Proactively reach out to current clients for planning opportunities
- Proactively reach out to prospective clients as a touchpoint
- Deluxe members create your own custom branded resources and share on your blog and newsletter
- Deluxe members incorporate your custom branded resources into your marketing (learn more here)
- Premier members can complete interactive versions of the checklists and integrate with Redtail (learn more here)
See our Summary Resources Guide, which shows all the resources.
Last month, we announced that all of our resources were in the process of being reviewed and updated. What initially started as a process to update resources impacted by The CARES Act and finish updating a few lingering resources impacted by The SECURE Act, we decided to expand our review process. As our member section has grown over the last two years, we wanted to make sure that the style and tone were consistent throughout the resources. You can see a complete list of all our recently updated resources and below are the resources that have been updated since the last announcement:
- Issues To Consider As A New Client: General clarification and clean-up.
- What Documents Do I Need To Keep On File? General clarification and clean-up.
- Can I Avoid Taking My RMD After Reaching My Required Beginning Date? Updated to note CARES Act 2020 RMD waiver. Updates to question structure and flow to make an easier decision path.
- Can I Contribute To My Roth IRA? General clarification and clean-up (re: brackets and ages).
- Can I Make A Deductible IRA Contribution? General clarification and clean-up.
- Should I Contribute To My Roth IRA Versus My Traditional IRA? General clarification and clean-up.
- Can I Make A Mega Backdoor Roth IRA Contribution? General clarification and clean-up.
- Can I Make a Backdoor Roth IRA Contribution? General clarification and clean-up.