We’re excited to announce two new resources this month (and one updated resource) to help you be more diligent in the planning process. Details are below:
New Flowchart: Should I Change My Medicare Coverage During Open Enrollment?
Many of your clients currently rely on Medicare plans for their health care coverage. They may have enrolled in Original Medicare or Medicare Advantage, and they likely have prescription drug coverage as well. For current beneficiaries of all of these plans (Medicare A, B, C, and D), October 15 marks the beginning of the Open Enrollment Period, during which changes in coverage may be made.
This flowchart helps you guide your clients through a series of considerations when evaluating and comparing their Medicare options.
Nonqualified Stock Options (“NQSOs”) are a common form of equity compensation, offering a share in the potential appreciation of a company’s value. Many of your clients have been (or will be) granted NQSOs as an employee of an issuing company or as an officer, director, contractor, or consultant. Deciding whether and when to exercise NQSOs and sell shares can be difficult and requires cash flow analysis, complex tax planning, and a long-term strategy.
This checklist helps guide your conversations when advising clients regarding their NQSOs.
Updated Flowchart: Will I Avoid The Social Security Windfall Elimination Provision?
We updated the “substantial earnings” questions and made other minor changes to clarify the analysis.
If you are a member, review these resources in our membership and:
- Proactively reach out to current clients for planning opportunities
- Proactively reach out to prospective clients as a touch-point
- Deluxe members create your own custom branded resources and share on your blog and newsletter
- Deluxe members incorporate your custom branded resources into your marketing (learn more here)
- Premier members can complete interactive versions of the checklists and integrate with Redtail and Wealthbox (learn more here)
- If you are not a member, you can view a sample checklist or sample flowchart and get a membership here. Then, take the steps listed above for our current members!
See our Summary Resources Guide, which shows all the resources.
As always, we welcome feedback from advisors who are having these conversations with their clients. How can we improve these resources? We want to hear from you. And if you have an idea for a resource, let us know.
To diligent planning,
The fpPathfinder Team