It’s been a big lift for our team, and at long last, the SECURE Act 2.0 guide updates are complete.
Led by Guide Editor Chris Granger, CFP®, the team reviewed every guide in the fpPathfinder library (there are more than 100) and identified 20 guides that are affected in 2023. The team carefully made the updates, fact-checked them, and (yes) checked them again to make sure members have the most up-to-date and accurate information at their fingertips.
Updated Guides For 2023
The SECURE ACT 2.0 legislation will affect the following guides in 2023.
- Does An Annuity Fit Within My Financial Plan?
- Common Retirement Plans For Small Business Owners
- Will A Distribution From My Traditional IRA Be Penalty-Free?
- Will A Distribution From my Roth IRA Be Tax & Penalty Free?
- Can I Do A Qualified Charitable Distribution From My IRA?
- Important Numbers
- Important Milestones
- Can I Avoid Taking My RMD After Reaching My Required Beginning Date (RBD)?
- Can I Delay Distributions From The Traditional IRA I Inherited?
- Should I Contribute To My Roth 401(k)?
- Should I Inherit My Deceased Spouse’s Traditional IRA?
- Should I Roll Over My Dormant Traditional 401(k)?
- Issues To Consider In Client Annual Review Meeting
- What Issues Should I Consider At The Start Of The Year?
- What Issues Should I Consider Before The End Of The Year?
- What Issues Should I Consider When Establishing My Charitable Giving Strategy?
- Important Dates
- What Issues Should I Consider If My Spouse Has Been Diagnosed With A Terminal Illness?
- What Documents Do I Need To Keep On File?
- What Issues Should I Consider For My Aging Parents?
All fpPathfinder members should take a moment to review the guides you’ve included in your marketing efforts, have saved to your desktops, or have added to your client service calendar. If any of the above are included, please be sure to replace them with the newly updated guides.
Introduce SECURE Act 2.0 Into Client Conversations
Without a doubt, it’s a big topic to tackle. However, fpPathfinder members have an advantage. Check out this blog post, which includes the “What Important Issues Should I Consider Regarding Changes Made By The SECURE Act 2.0?” checklist, to learn more about how to introduce and lead these important conversations today.
Not yet an fpPathfinder member? We can help with that. You can visit the Premier, Deluxe, and Essentials membership pages to learn more and select the level that moves you closer to your goals. If you’d like a more personalized experience, register for a live demo with the fpPathfinder team. Bring your questions, and we’ll be happy to answer them on the spot.